All-Around Awesomeness

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

exercise and youth

The New York Times has been publishing some really interesting articles on health lately! I've been discussing a number of them with friends and colleagues, but this one really caught my eye...one of my focuses as a trainer is fitness for life, not just looks. There's no reason why you can't be healthy and strong at every age. Check out this story!

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/02/can-exercise-keep-you-young/

Dr. Mark Tarnopolsky was reportedly surprised to find that the effects of exercise on mitochondrial health was so systemic and not regulated to musculature. Although I'm definitely not a scientist, my experience in working with my clients has shown me the effect his study demonstrates. Exercise really is the miracle drug of our future! :) And it's never too late to reverse the process of aging...

No comments:

Post a Comment