All-Around Awesomeness

Thursday, October 18, 2012

I heart squash

I don't know about you, but about this time every year I yearn for squash. The color, the flavor, the texture...everything about it reminds me of fall and my childhood. I remember my mom's dish in perfect detail - the acorn squash cut in half and the seeds scooped out, replaced with butter, cinnamon sugar and a pinch of salt. For years of my adult life, this was my go-to dish for Thanksgiving parties...I subbed out fresh minced ginger and cinnamon for the sugar. If you don't have time to bake it, you can stick it in the microwave, covered, for 6-8 minutes, and boom! You got squash. :) I'm excited to try out some of these recipes this autumn (especially the Southwest Stuffed Acorn Squash...I'm making that tomorrow!). Happy eating! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment