All-Around Awesomeness

Monday, October 1, 2012

best laid plans of mice and personal trainers

Okay, so you're not gonna believe this...

Fate has dealt me a strange hand this year. It's been a very challenging time, demanding lots of growth and acceptance of change (which is awesome, and terrifying, and difficult). I left Zum and moved to Northwest Fitness and Conditioning, a place with a promising vision under a thin layer of sweat and drywall dust. And now here I am, a couple months later, announcing another move.

The fact that I'm reeeeeally excited about this move should tell you something, especially since I'd be hard-pressed to get excited about transition of ANY kind after the past few months! I'm going to be joining the awesome team of independent contractors at Excellence Health & Fitness! I've known the owner, John, for a while and I'm a huge fan of what he and his business partner Eli have build over the last several years. The space is beautiful, with high ceilings (and aerial silks! Aerial silks!!), a hardwood floor in the classroom space, a huge metal frame to hang on, and plenty of kettlebells and other toys to swing around. The trainers there are top-notch (and super nice). But what really sets the space apart from every other personal training studio (and gym) in Seattle is their vision of and dedication to holistic wellness.

We all know that being healthy and working towards the body you want takes more than just exercising. You have to take time to recover. You have to eat well. You have to destress and rebuild your muscles and your psyche. We all know this, but there are pieces of that puzzle that we all struggle with. I don't really have a problem eating well or exercising enough - I have a huge problem taking time for myself to relax and take care of my body. It's difficult to convince myself to focus on this one area, since I can always remind myself how well I do in the others! It'll be harder to ignore at Excellence, though, because this place is all about the whole package. Since the last time I checked them out (six months ago) they've installed a fantastic cafe with smoothies and healthy lunch options. They have a wellness center in-house that features chiropractic, massage and acupuncture. And they have a membership that includes all these things (though you can still choose your services a la carte). It's sort of like a one-stop-shop for wellness.

Yeah, I'm excited! I know I'll be personally inspired by this place and these people to make changes in my own life and the lives of my clients. So even though part of my brain is covering its ears and saying "No more transitions!!" the rest of my brain is skipping around and imagining how much fun it will be to work in this awesome environment every day. Thanks, Excellence, for bringing me on board! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment